The Recruitment Drive A Dev Team Ten Question Interview Five
As part of our Development Team recruitment drive, we thought we would bring you some insights as to what it is our existing Dev Team members do and how they got involved. We are please to present the third in our '10 Question Interviews' series. This interview is with Ronny Krijt, Team leader of the Quality Assurance and Bugsquad in the Dev Team
1. What do you do in the Dev Team?
TeamLead Quality Assurance and TeamLead BugSquad
2. What is it that made you want to get involved with the Dev team for CMS Made Simple?
After looking for a CMS in 2006 and testing multiple, I went for CMS Made Simple.... As I had some issues starting, I used the forum and IRC to get some answers. When things became clear (reasonably quick because of the short learning curve), I remained there, supporting in the forum and IRC. After some time there, I was asked to do the same, but then from within the Dev-team.
3. How long have you been involved?
On the forum registered since Oct. 2006.
4. What do you find to be the most fulfilling part of your role as a CMSMS Dev Team Member?
Discussing/testing new features and solutions.
5. What has been the biggest challenge you have faced as a Dev Team member?
Maintaining momentum. As we dont 'meet' regularly, there have been people in the dev team over the years that did promise, but didn't deliver (for many different reasons). So every time we had to postpone certain feature which were intended to go in a next release.
6. What keeps you motivated as a Dev Team member?
The nice people in the group and the perfect tool all are working on.
7. If you could be ‘dictator for a day’ for CMS Made Simple and implement one ‘fantasy function’ immediately into the Core, what would it be?
Version control. (A way to put versions of pages in, for approval and have logging on changed pages).
8. Have there been any commercial or personal successes that have been because of being in the Dev Team?
Multiple times, requests come in to do stuff. Most of the time of people unknown, just asking me, as being part of the dev-team
9. What do you do when you are not wearing your ‘Dev Team hat’?
I am a Business Analyst at FrieslandCampina, a big dairy company with 19.500 employees. Currently working on a big project, which spans 5 years, when I am TeamLead of the ProcessIntegration team and IT-lead of the Production team within that project
10. What is your favourite thing about CMS Made Simple as it works right now?
The flexibility of core, making it possible to use core-only with only limited add-on modules to create a working site.
Do you have what it takes to join the Dev Team?
If you want to find out more about the roles we are recruiting for then take a look at http://www.cmsmadesimple.org/about-link/join-the-dev-team. There you can read about the roles and also send us a message if you think you are the right sort of person to join our extended family.
comments powered by Disqus